Every player needs a valid visa to enter Australia to participate in the Australian Open Junior Championships 2020.

Please lodge your application by December 20th, 2019


All junior players must apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) or depending on which passport you hold, you might be eligible for a different stream of the Visitor Visa; eVisitor (subclass 651) or Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601).

All coaches, trainers, physiotherapists or accompanying team members travelling with a junior player or team on a work-basis must apply for the Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408).

Family members attending the event in a non-working capacity may also apply for the Visitor Visa or the equivalent noted above.

If you currently hold a valid visa to enter Australia, please check with your nearest Australian embassy for your visa entitlements.

  • You must be outside Australia when applying for this visa and remain outside Australia until the visa is decided
  • You must arrive in Australia within 6 months from the visa grant date
  • The visa can be granted with single or multiple entry to Australia, intention to travel to and from Australia during your stay must be documented on your application
  • You can only stay in Australia for the period granted (up to three months)
  • All international players and support personnel require a letter of invitation which must confirm that you are entered as an amateur competitor or supporting an amateur competitor
  • Please contact tournaments@tennis.com.au to request a letter of invitation.

Please Note:

  • Processing time of the 600 visa and 408 visa can take up to 1 month.
  • Ensure you leave adequate time prior to your projected travel dates.
  • Visa processing offices will be closed over the Christmas and New Year holidays.
  • You cannot enter Australia on a tourist visa if you intend to work.
  • People found to be working in breach of their visa conditions may have their visa cancelled.
  • Family members are recommended to apply for a tourist visa.
  • Support personnel cannot be considered as family members and are required to apply for a visa in their own right.

You must not travel to Australia until your visa is granted. Failure to adhere may result in higher visa fees of over $2000 and a more complicated visa process.


Further information regarding lodging applications and associated documentation can be found at:

Visitor Visa (subclass 600) 

eVisitor (subclass 651) 

Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)

Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) 

For information on visa fees and charges, please see: